A lots of places to visit in Bontoc, Mt. Province but within a limited time I’ve given 3 days off and with a tight budget. I’m glad a have a friend where I can stayed for 2 nights and joined me with my travel 🙂 .
How to get to Bontoc:
There are 3 Bus Companies that travel to Bontoc:
Lizardo/GL: 8:00am, 10:00am, 1:00pm and 2:30pm
Dangwa: 7:00am, 9:00am and 11:00am
Rising Sun: first trip is 4:30am to 4:00pm with bus interval every 1 hour
Both Dangwa and the Lizardo/GL buses are located at the Dangwa Station at the back of the Center Mall. Rising Sun buses are located at Slaughter Compound along Magsaysay Road.
Traveling from Baguio to Bontoc takes about 5-6 hours depending on the conditions of the road. Fare is at Php212 for regular passengers and Php 175 for students and seniors.
1. Batikallang falls and Tuy-ob falls- Gonogon Tourist Spot our fist destination, ride a van going to sagada or bauko just say to the driver to drop you off at the barangay hall of Gonogon where the trek will start going to the 2 falls which took us half a day to reach.
2. Kamanbaneng (Marlboro Country in Sagada) –Highest peak and beautiful mountains in Alab and the most breathtaking sights for mountaineering. It is also known as the little Marlboro Country because it is ideal for trekking, camping, while offering lots of stunning views.
In here, one can witness the vast expanse of Alab’s nature splendor while being cooled by the fresh mountain breeze.
3. Kaipitan – This expansive pasture land valley is the gateway to the towering and magnificent limestone cliff and unexplored small forest. Through this valley, one will appreciate the splendor of the places surrounding it while being challenged by long and steep hike, but definitely, a worth it experience one must try, Interestingly, it is accessible through various entry points but for the waters confined during rainy season, there are no outlets aside from seepage of the soil.This can also be found in Alab.
4.Kadchog Rice Terraces – is located across the Chico River in Bontoc. This towering rice terraces is located near south of the town center. You can also see this on your way to Bontoc via the Halsema Highway. It is just one of the many rice terraces you can see here in Bontoc.
5. Heritage Garden – perfect hillside sanctuary of peace and serenity, a brief escape from the town center will lead you to seek asylum at this little haven, its also beside of Kadchog Rice terraces.
How to get there:
If you have your own vehicle, drive up the Halsema Highway in the direction of Sagada, get a little pass the Kadchog stone-walled terraces and the grove is in the corner before the highway bends to the right.
Public transport – take a tricycle from the town center and ask to be dropped at the grove, 9 pesos fare and it’s around 5 minutes or less.
Address: Halsema Highway, Bontoc, Mountain Province, Philippines
5. Mt Chata– which we i called the Marlboro Country ver 2.0 its look like kamanbaneng in sagada. It is beside the view deck where you can see the entire Bontoc Poblacion up there. Paragliding also happened from Mt. Chata just above the town and land at the bank of the Chico River or the rice paddies.
6. Teng-ab Retreat House -The hilltop property is owned by the Catholic Apostolic Vicariate of Bontoc-Lagawe, serving the Catholic lay people in the Mountain Provinces.
It takes around ten to fifteen minutes by tricycle to go up the retreat center due to the unpaved road.
Where to get a guide: There are guides at the Barangay Hall upon request.
Gonogon Tourist spot you can contact kagawad Dao-ayen– 09486787353
For a ride you can contact Efren (09483822581)one of the good friend i met there 🙂 He can take you where ever you want as long his wheels (tricycle) can.
Kindly watch our video travel in Bontoc (watch in HD)
- Please follow the “leave no trace” principle.
- Register at the tourism office